Date: Thursday 27 April 2017
Time: 7:00 pm
Place: First Church of Christ, Scientist
Is living our lives unselfishly just a nice thing to do or does unselfishness transform and enrich ourselves and others? Come and hear what three faith traditions have to say about the power of unselfishness.
- WHERE? First Church of Christ, Scientist – 617 East Hamilton Avenue, State College, PA – OR attend by phone: toll call–1-973-528-0000, at prompt enter code 162749#
- WHEN? Thursday, April 27, 7:00-8:30 pm
- PANELISTS Lois Carlson, Christian Science Practitioner; Rev. Dean Lindsey, State College Presbyterian Church; Rabbi David Ostrich, Congregation Brit Shalom. The panelists will each talk for 15-20 minutes, followed by Q&A from audience after the entire panel has presented.
- Refreshments served. All welcome!
Sponsored by First Church of Christ, Scientist, State College. Supported by Interfaith Initiative Centre County.
Also—please note this special pre-panel event that will be held on April 3!
INTERFAITH COFFEE HOUR –
PLACE: Webster’s Bookstore & Café! (133 E. Beaver Ave., State College)
DATE and TIME: Monday, April 3, 6:30-8:00 pm
-Discussion Topic: “What does unselfishness (or selflessness) mean? Is it of value? Why?” – Bring your personal thoughts and stories/examples from your faith perspective or experience – Mystery Guest!
- DELICIOUS REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE